Every home and business should be ready for any type of emergency. Here at the Wayne County Emergency Management Agency we would like to help you and your family get a step closer.
Some of the emergencies we see in Wayne County include thunderstorms, lighting, flooding, snow storms, ice storms, high winds, and tornadoes.
The office has free flyers available at the Wayne County Emergency Operation Center, which is located at 43 Volunteer Dr., Honesdale, PA 18431
You can also get this information for free on emergency planning online.
Basic Emergency Preparedness Kit
- Water (at least one gallon daily per person)
- Food (enough for 3 to 7 days) - replace food November 1st annually
- Non-perishable packaged or canned food and juices
- Consider special needs (infants and elderly)
- Snack foods (dehydrated fruits, etc.)
- Non-electric can opener
- Cooking utensils and fuel
- Paper plates and Plastic utensils
- Blankets and Pillows, etc
- Extra Clothing (seasonal, rain gear, boots)
- First aid kit, medicines, prescription drugs
- Toiletries, hygiene items, moisture wipes, bottled hand sanitizer
- Flashlight (keep batteries separate until needed)
- Battery operated radio (keep batteries separate until needed)
- Cell Phone (keep fully charged during threat period, extra batteries if available)
- Cash and credit cards (banks and ATM’s might not be available for a while)
- Toys and books to keep children occupied
- Important documents (keep packaged and available to take with you on short notice)
- Pet Supplies (food, water, shot record, carrier or cage, leash)