PA Governor Tom Wolf signed Act 33 on June 30, 2021, which requires all bidders to pre-register for tax sales before the sale. It also requires businesses and limited liability corporations to list their officers and investors.
Additionally, a Certification Form must be filled out stating the applicant is not delinquent in paying real estate taxes, is not bidding for or acting as an agent for a person who is barred from participating in the sale; and has not engaged in or permitted an uncorrected housing code violation, failed to maintain property in a reasonable manner, or permitted the use of the property in an unsafe, illegal or unsanitary manner.
To register, the following forms must be filed with the Tax Claim Office:
- Certification of Bidder Form (filled out and signed by anyone who is being put on the deed, and Notarized)
- Bidder Registration Form (for the appropriate sale)
- Copy of Driver’s License or Real ID
- If registering as an LLC, copy of the Certificate of Organization
- $25 Pre-Registration Non-Refundable Fee - Methods of Payment - Cash, Personal Check or Certified Funds (No Credit Cards)
Those who do not pre-register by the deadline will not be able to participate in the sale.
Email questions to LBorthwick@WayneCountyPA.gov..