The Wayne County Commissioners, and the Wayne County Economic Development Corporation (WEDCO) Tech Committee are seeking potential cell tower locations to eliminate dead cell zones. Ideal property locations offer these features:
- Locations with limited or no cell coverage in areas with dropped calls, poor service or zero cell service.
- Locations with a minimum of 2,500 square feet
- Locations with relatively easy road access for construction and maintenance, and fiber to the tower. Locations with the highest altitudes, resting in one municipality with reasonable zoning laws.
- Locations with an existing tower that could be elevated or fitted with additional equipment.
- Locations that serve the public good, like fire companies, 1st responders, governments, non-profits.
Your submission should include the name of the property owner, a Deed Book reference if you have it, the Tax Code “Control Number,” the roadways that are near the property, a rough guess on the altitude of the property, if available, and any other information that makes your submission more valuable to the Project. The best submissions are type-written, one-page, in clear and concise language. Make it easy for us to identify the property location and understand why it’s an ideal property for a cell tower location.
Every submission will be reviewed, but submitting a potential cell tower location does not guarantee your property will be considered. The Project goal is to get several potential tower locations in every municipality and share the best locations with the municipality and the 19 Broadband and Tower organizations that requested the Wayne County Broadband & Dead Cell Zone Project Request for Proposals (RFP).
To share a potential cell tower location, or to ask any questions in writing, please contact our Broadband RFP facilitator, Mr. Kelly Lewis at Kelly@LewisStrategic.com.
If possible, please submit on or before March 27, 2022, but you can continue to submit locations through May 31, 2022.
The Wayne County Broadband Project is designed to spur broadband options, create more broadband investment, and eliminate dead cell zones across the county. Affordable, fast broadband and cell service are critical to local economies, education, health care, tourism, agriculture, and the real estate market and to improve the quality of life of Wayne County residents.
For more information about the RFP, or potential cell tower locations, please contact Kelly Lewis at Kelly@LewisStrategic.com.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Share this Release with your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues.
- Share this Release on HOA Community pages, newsletters, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and social media groups!
- Invite us to speak on conference calls, meetings, virtual coffee groups, and other community activities!
- Share Project videos/news reports when they are released and shared.
- Share the Accelerate Wayne website link: https://www.waynetomorrow.com/343/Accelerate-Wayne
For more information contact: Kelly Lewis: Kelly@LewisStrategic.com