The forms listed below may be used for filing in the Wayne County Court of Common Pleas. The Court strongly recommends that persons obtain legal counsel, however in the event persons decide to pursue actions without counsel, these forms may prove useful. It is the Petitioner’s responsibility to ensure that:
- All forms are filled in completely, clearly and legibly. Information that cannot be understood could result in a dismissal of the Petition. Supporting documentation should be attached to the Petition.
- Petitioners are responsible for the payment of filing fees. If persons believe they cannot afford filing fees they must file Petition for In Forma Pauperis and obtain an order directing the waiver of filing fees.
- Petitioner must serve all parties involved in the case with a copy of the petition and a copy of any scheduling Order that may arise from the Petition.
Personnel from the Prothonotary’s Office or Court Administration may not offer legal advice and cannot assist you beyond providing access to the forms. Again, obtaining legal counsel is strongly recommended. For information on Wayne County Legal Aid and the Wayne County Pro Bono program call Northern Pennsylvania Legal Services at 877-953-4250. The Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts maintains a comprehensive listing of legal forms for the public, self-litigants, law enforcement and the judiciary. Additional Family Court forms and pro se assistance can be found at the Pennsylvania Law Help website.
- Custody Complaint (PDF)
- Divorce Under 3301(d) of the Divorce Code Instructional Checklist (PDF)
- No-Fault Divorce Under 3301(c) of the Divorce Code Instructional Checklist (PDF)
- Notice to Appear and Contempt Petition (PDF)
- Petition for Special Relief (PDF)
- Petition to Modify Protection from Abuse (PDF)