Drug & Alcohol
Don’t let drug or alcohol use ruin another day of your life or the life of someone you care about. Call us or stop by---we want to help.
The Wayne County Drug and Alcohol Commission is here for Wayne County residents of all ages or income levels who are experiencing problems with alcohol or drugs. We are the first stop to access all levels of treatment and a variety of other drug and alcohol services. Some of what we offer:
- Drug and alcohol intake and assessment
- Placement in the level of drug and alcohol treatment that best meets your needs.
- Benefit coordination or funding to ensure the cost of your treatment is covered.
- Medication assisted treatment Vivitrol or Suboxone) as appropriate to help you with your recovery from heroin or opiate addiction.
- 24/7 placement of overdose survivors from Wayne Memorial Hospital’s emergency department following an overdose.
- Recovery support services from a certified recovery specialist.
In addition to helping people with drug and alcohol problems, the Wayne County Drug and Alcohol Commission also has as an important part of its mission to prevent the onset of such problems. To this end we also provide the following:
- Evidenced based Drug and alcohol prevention programs in Wayne Highlands, Western Wayne and Wallenpaupack Area School Districts.
- Student support groups covering a variety of topics
- Community programs on alcohol and other drug related topics
- Student Assistance Program (SAP) consultation and liaison services
- Parenting programs and support groups
- Specialized classroom programs and trainings for students, teachers, and other professionals
The Commission also serves as driving under the influence (DUI) service coordinator for Wayne County providing Court Reporting Network (CRN) evaluations, Alcohol Highway Safety Class, and DUI Intervention Group to DUI offenders.
The Commission contracts with PA Treatment and Healing (PATH) for the provision of outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment and holds numerous contracts for the provision of partial hospitalization, medically monitored detox and rehab, and half-way houses.
The Wayne County Drug and Alcohol Commission is also a resource for information on a variety of topics related to drug and alcohol use, treatment, and prevention.
For general questions and non emergency inquiries email: (someone will respond in 24 hours) Email Drug and Alcohol Office.
Everyone can help by spreading the word about free services available to residents of Wayne County who are struggling with drug and / or alcohol addiction.
The following are priority populations to Wayne County Drug and Alcohol Commission and its treatment providers:
- Pregnant Injecting Drug User
- Pregnant Substance User
- Injecting Drug User
- Overdose Survivor
If you are pregnant you will receive preferential treatment services.